A drabble, inspired by [info]soundczech, I think. And also Orphne. I think that's what we're calling her nowadays.



Seigaku couldn't have asked for a better, more satisfying competition with Hyotei in the Regionals; or so Tezuka thought right up until the moment Atobe reached for him across the net and planted his lips against Tezuka's, warm and arrogant and bold. Tezuka, head spinning, only raised his eyebrows when Atobe was done, and did his best to remain unaffected by the glimmer of amusement and faint disappointment in Atobe's eyes. Then he looked back at the bench and saw Ryoma, sitting up straight and wearing an expression that made Tezuka want seriously, if just for an instant, to hit Atobe in the jaw.

Ryoma did his best to turn into a mute for the remainder of the evening, and only the fact that he was usually close-mouthed anyway kept anyone who wasn't Fuji from noting that he was quieter than usual. As it was Tezuka managed to stop Fuji from sidling up to Ryoma by shooting a quelling look at him over Kawamara's latest on-the-house creation; Fuji's answering gaze held a challenge that informed Tezuka all too plainly that it was possible he had gotten careless.

He stood with a sigh and touched Ryoma's shoulder before walking outside. Ryoma's slight 'oh' of surprise preceded a hasty scrambling as he shoved in his chair and mumbled something grouchy, probably about how Tezuka was annoying at the best of times and offensive at the worst. Tezuka didn't have to look back to know he was following.

They stood next to each other a moment, Ryoma with his hands shoved awkwardly in his pockets, Tezuka trying to relax enough for the both of them. After another silence, he said:

"It was just a kiss."

Ryoma's eyes widened, and he took a whole step back from Tezuka as if he'd been accused of tampering with his racket. Tezuka looked evenly at him while his face went through various shades of mortification, until finally he dropped his chin. "What's the difference," he muttered beneath his cap.

Tezuka stepped in, cupped the side of Ryoma's face, and placed his lips gently against Ryoma's.

Then he leaned back.

"That," he said, noting the way Ryoma's eyes softened when he was happy, "was not."



__________________________________
~ main ~ about ~ rants ~ nqr ~ livejournal ~ the armchair ~
Fiction: harry potter ~ hikaru no go ~ prince of tennis ~ other fandoms ~ originals ~