Discrepancy

Archiving: just ask.
Rating: PG
Pairing: InuKai
Date Written: June 30, 2005
Disclaimer: Not mine!
Notes: written as a trade-off for Kimmie, because one good pairing deserves another. My first InuKai fic! I love them so much.


Kaidoh nearly scowls at Inui out of habit as he asks, but catches himself in time and looks shyly at the ground. Kaidoh would never scowl at Inui.

The tops of his cheeks are flushed slightly. It is probable that this is because they are 15 minutes into their warm-ups and starting to exert more energy; it could also be because Inui has just been caught staring at his ass.

Inui could reply that Kaidoh�s balance is shifting a fraction of a centimeter whenever Kaidoh lands on his right foot.

�No, Kaidoh,� he says, pushing up his glasses. �Just keep doing what you�re doing.�

�Yes, senpai,� Kaidoh says, and continues jogging in place.

Inui watches Kaidoh�s calves, noting the way his muscles contract as he shifts his weight from foot to foot. He is searching for a pattern; so far the only one he has found is that his gaze keeps drifting back to Kaidoh�s ass.

Inui stands up. �Kaidoh, come here for a moment,� he says.

Kaidoh stops and turns, now more flushed than before. �Senpai?� he says worriedly, coming over.

�What I�m about to do may alarm you,� Inui remarks. �But possibly it would be best if you attempted to enjoy it.�

Kaidoh�s eyes don�t so much widen as explode out of his head in the moment before Inui kisses him. Whether in shock or habits of obedience he allows Inui to wrap his arms around him, and very obligingly leans into them. Inui coaxes a bit and gradually Kaidoh�s mouth relaxes open. It takes him a bit more time to begin kissing back on his own, but once he has gotten the hang of it he shows no inclination to stop.

Distantly Inui notes that the data he has kept on Kaidoh�s lips (that they are made for this) is accurate, and that perhaps later he can repeat this exercise for a different type of data collection. Probability is roughly 98% at this point that Kaidoh would not be adverse to a repetition; however, that figure rests only on his response to what Inui�s tongue is doing above his waist, not what his hands are about to do below it.

Inui�s left hand moves down Kaidoh�s back. He attempts to keep Kaidoh distracted by lowering his mouth over Kaidoh�s throat at the same time. It works�Kaidoh gasps �Senpai,� in a trapped, heady voice, and tilts his head back. The arch of his vertebral column is a perfect invitation, and Inui reaches down, puts both hands on Kaidoh�s ass, and grabs.

Kaidoh emits a strangled noise and wrenches away (but a promisingly short distance away).

�S� Senpai,� he says.

Inui takes his glasses off and wipes them thoroughly before resetting them on his nose. �My guess was right,� he says. �You have a leg length discrepancy.�

Kaidoh blinks. Inui suppresses a smile.

�It�s a habit that develops gradually over time,� he says. �It comes from unconsciously favoring or adding more weight to one side of the body than the other.� Kaidoh stares. �Yours is very slight. It can be easily corrected, but it will require doing partial-body exercise in addition to your normal training, at least for a while.�

�You�you could tell that just from�� Kaidoh looks at the ground, blushing furiously. �Just from doing�that?�

�When you shifted your weight against me it was much easier to calculate the balance of your weight relative to the position of your legs. It�s a functional, rather than a structural, imbalance.�

Kaidoh is silent for a moment. Then, �Oh,� he says �Okay.�

Probability that the hollow sound in his voice is disappointment: very high.

Inui steps closer. �Would you like to know what else I can tell, Kaidoh?� he says deliberately. �Just from kissing you?�

Kaidoh�s head flies up. �Senpai?�

Inui puts his hand on Kaidoh�s face, his smooth round face with so much heat rushing to the surface beneath Inui�s fingertips. Kaidoh draws in a slow, sharp breath.

�I can tell how quickly your heart rate speeds up,� says Inui. �Your lung capacity. How responsive you are to external physical stimulus.�

He draws his hand down over Kaidoh�s cheek to cup his chin. Kaidoh shivers

�I can tell,� Inui says, �that I�m going to kiss you again.�

�Senpai,� Kaidoh says, and this time he closes his eyes.


__________________________________
~ main ~ about ~ rants ~ nqr ~ livejournal ~ the armchair ~
Fiction: harry potter ~ hikaru no go ~ prince of tennis ~ other fandoms ~ originals ~